Also, orthopedics includes the complex biomedical science of sports medicine. Knowledge in the field of sports and physical culture is necessary for a modern orthopedic surgeon. Its now impossible to imagine orthopedics without physical therapy, massage or physiotherapy, These are parts of the science of treatment referred to as “medical rehabilitation”. The branch of medicine that studies the structure and treatment of various diseases of feet is podiatry. As part of Traumatology and Orthopedics, there are many other narrow specializations, such as biomechanics of the musculoskeletal system, spine surgery, arthroscopic surgery, total joint replacement, bone disorders, etc.
In Russian traumatology, orthopedics is an independent clinical discipline.
The main directions of modern traumatology are the study of pathological changes in tissues and organs from injury, the improved methods of both non-surgical and surgical treatment of injuries and the prevention of post-traumatic complications. The methods of surgical treatment are continually advancing in connection with the broad introduction of a variety of trauma implants for osteosynthesis.
In most countries, including Russia, there are special orthopedic/trauma doctors who provide traumotologic care. For the treatment of severe combined injuries, in the 1960’s, the government established trauma centers. In Russia, trauma centers and offices are available for outpatient care.
Typically, a podiatrist in Sochi will work at:
- significant deviations in gait, muscle tone (muscle tension), posture
- curvature of the spine, extremities, flat feet
- pain in the back and neck, spinal mobility, neck, shoulder and hip joints
- osteochondrosis (growing pains)
- deal with trauma of the musculoskeletal system
What happens at reception for orthopedic trauma at the ARMED Medical Center in Sochi?
- Orthopaedic Trauma Center at ARMED will ask about the history of health issues, physical activity, comorbid conditions, the conditions of life at home and at work in order to get acquainted with the patient’s existing medical condition.
- In a specially equipped office at ARMED, a podiatrist will conduct a comprehensive examination of height, weight and determine the functionality of the spine and joints of the upper and lower extremities.
- The podiatrist may prescribe more tests, treatments, exercise program, make recommendations on lifestyle, advise where to go in Sochi for additional procedures or address the need for surgical intervention.
The ARMED Medical Center in Sochi has a qualified podiatrist who will help to correct incorrect posture, gait, help with orthopedic diseases and work to solve the problems of foot pain and the consequences of injuries.
Diagnosis and treatment is prescribed in orthopedic trauma unit at the ARMED Medical Center are:
- injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- the consequences of injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- flat feet
- shoulder and scapular periarthritis
- bone tumors of different localization
- valgus deformity of the big toe
- hammer toe deformity
- plantar fasciitis (heel spur)
- diabetic foot (Charcot foot)
- neuroma (illness) Morton
- vertebral osteochondrosis
- osteoarthritis of large and small joints
- arthritic damage musculoskeletal
- other congenital and acquired diseases of the musculoskeletal system